If you’re looking for an instrument to help you navigate the world
as a modern string player, let The Nashville guide your way.
Enjoy the look, style and feel of an acoustic violin with the versatility and behavior of an electric.
Proudly built in the USA
by WV master craftsmen Joe Domjan, Kenny Bosco, and Dave Padula.
Wood Violins has spent the last 25 years designing and developing products to accommodate the modern string player. Whether you play pop, classical, jazz, rock, hip hop, or any other style of music to help you survive in this world as a modern string player, Wood Violins has the tools for you .
After decades of being the leaders in contemporary violin design, we are proud to present The Nashville.
This sleek new beauty combines classic timeless design with the versatility of a modern electric instrument. Its fully chambered asymmetrical design has the style, weight, and feel of your beloved acoustic while flawlessly crossing over from classical to contemporary.
Click the Gallery tab to see more pix!
Contact us for pricing and availability.
- Design: based on 4/4 violin measurements, fully chambered with traditional F holes
- Body: poplar wood
- Custom finish options are endless: The photo shows a one-piece flame maple top with deep antique faded amber finish reminiscent of classic European violins. As with all our custom instruments, The Nashville can have the finish of your dreams.
- Fingerboard: select ebony
- Tuning pegs: Wittner fine tune pegs
- Strings: D’Addario Prelude
- Pickup: Wood TruTone
- Strings: 4 or 5
- Scale: 330mm
- Nut Width: 4-string – 24mm; 5-string – 26mm
- Fingerboard length: 254mm
- Tail piece: Wittner fine tune tail piece
All of our instruments have neck through construction for increased sustain and durability!
- Lightweight construction
- Versatile electric tone (explore distortion, sustain, and feedback with the use of pedals & effects)
- Tuned in fifths just like a ‘traditional’ violin (5-string, high to low: E A D G C)