The Sabre and custom Stingray, with their unique and contemporary designs, make for a seamless transition into the electric violin world.
These sleek and beautiful instruments deliver outstanding tone and the necessary punch for live performances.
While their design is still outside the box, they offer a more traditional feel for players who prefer an ‘under the chin’ experience.
Equally comfortable in the fiddle and rock genres, these beauties give you the best of all worlds.
(The Sabre pictured above is our new Katana series, a semi-hollow body variation of the more ‘traditional’ Sabre, which can be seen by clicking the Gallery tab.)
As an enhancement to their design, there is a slight symmetrical curve to each side of the body.
Sabres and custom Stingrays come with a custom-made pegbox and chin rest (shoulder pad not included).
Average street prices range from $1,700 – $2,800, depending on options you choose (number of strings, frets or fretless, pickup, custom finish).
• Body – poplar wood
• Fingerboard – select ebony
• Wittner internally geared tuning pegs
• Strings – Custom SuperSensitive
• Pickups – Wood or Barbera
• 4 or 5 string models
• Fretted, fretless, or phantom fretted (lined fretless)
• Scale: 330mm
• Nut Width:
4-string – 24mm
5-string – 27mm
• Fingerboard length – 253mm
• Finishes: transparent, solid gloss, pearlized, metal flake, exotic top (burl, tiger maple, quilt)
• Hardware: black, silver, gold
All of our instruments have neck through construction for increased sustain and durability!
• Light-weight construction
• Traditional chin-rest playing style
• Versatile electric tone (use effects such as Heavy Distortion, Chorus, Reverb, Delay)
• Wittner internally geared tuning pegs for effortless tuning
• Tuned in fifths like a ‘traditional’ violin (5-string version, high to low – E A D G C)